Re: Re: Quick D

From: Robert Trottmann (rotrottmann@davidson.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 21 1999 - 16:08:50 EDT

Well seeing as I'm an expert on carriage bolts, I'll take this one :-)
In the stock TB there is a plate that extends from the front of the TB
to the back, covering part of the TB bores. Attached to this plate,
coming up the middle of the TB is a straight bolt. If you replace the
carriage bolt and plate, you eliminate the plate, thus letting the air
flow even less restricted and less turbulent.
Measurable differences? Probably not, but definately worth it.

_|_ =plate w/ bolt / =S bolt (thinner, flows more air
'cause its a bolt, not a plate.)
bores bores

--
95 318 2WD Sport