Re: RE: computer bullshit -Reply

From: a strain (abody@bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed Apr 21 1999 - 21:52:12 EDT

> The thing I hate is, there is horrible aftermarket support for Mopar in
> general. Unless you have a carbed Hemi there isn't anything out there.
> But, a new Chevy comes out and there is everything under the sun
> available for it before the truck itself even hits the streets! Pisses me
off
> to no end...

I UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been Mopar from day one (first new purchase 1971 Duster 340). I
learned
to drive in a 1952 Chrysler NewYorker Special which had a Hemi. Chrysler
will NOT provide aftermarket support. During their lean years, they
demolished
tooling for older parts to support tax breaks and then sued anyone who
attempted
to reproduce the parts for which the tooling was dumped. They only parts you
will get for
your truck will be from independents. Look at the computer we all want. They
are working through Mike Leach (based on email seen here).

As far as parts for Hemi, Chrysler is not making the first part for the
engine.
They are only profiting from others work. The 360 performance magnum is
the only product that they make (put together at truck plant)

Chrysler makes damn good engines! But they do not support aftermarket and
independents see 10+ times the market for other brands. If you buy Mopar,
you
must be ready to be an INDIVIDUAL!

And before you flame me, I have owned 50+ plus mopars -- NON of which were
between 1979 and 1995.

Rant mode off. Support the independents.

Later
Allen Strain
67 Cuda- 78 Magnum - 99 RC R/T