Re: Thrush Mufflers...

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Tue Apr 20 1999 - 20:33:46 EDT

Pardon my ignorance, but how does a glass pack muffler cost performance and
mileage with it being a straight through design? I had one on my old Toyota
and it ran better (more power) than it did with a regular baffled muffler.
It also sounded really good since I had a 20" model installed instead of a
really small one. It wasn't loud at all.
John
98 Dakota 4X4 CC Sport, 5.2L, Auto, Mopar headers

<snip>
I hope it's NOT a glasspak - they (glasspaks) give up some performance and
mpg as compared to turbo mufflers, but yeah, they sound kinda cool if you
like that kinda sound.
<unsnip>