Thrush Mufflers...

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Tue Apr 20 1999 - 10:41:00 EDT

   Thrush has been making mufflers for racing for years and years. They have
a VERY effective straight through design (a bulged straight pipe) that is
kinda like a glass-pak. To limit yourself to just "commoner" upgrade kits is
foolish. I'm planning on a set of Thrush mufflers on my Dak as well, in a
custom configuration that runs a dual "sidebar" arrangement exiting in front
of the rear tires. The Thrush's cost a bit more than the ones listed below,
but seem to be of better design and construction (thicker pipes, pretty
welds). I got the chance to hear a pair on an older 70+ish Camaro, they
sounded awesome. You didn't get that silly "echo-chamber" effect from them
that I sometimes hear on other "preformance" exhaust systems, definitely
didn't sound tinny like the rice-burners like. Some folks like that echo
effect, I don't. I prefer the crisp glass-pak like sound.

Shaun H.

P.S.: Besides, I like the cool 'Pissed Off' "Woody Woodpecker" logo... ^_^