Warranty Work

From: dakota97@home.com
Date: Sat May 01 1999 - 00:01:00 EDT

I took my 97 Dakota in for a list things to have checked and repaired,
like a buzzing noise when in drive and ticking noise from the engine,
driver side window rattle, tire rubbing on the inside wheel well,(new
front suspension, also the second time for this one) leaking
transmission hoses, (second time in for that one) and on and on, the
list had about 20 things they had repaired very poorly, one thing I
didn't mention was some of the items are related to a front collision I
had with two cars and a concrete pole about 5 month a go, not my fault,
I wont get into details but the driver that caused the accident was 92
years old, not a scratch on me but the dak had around $14 000.00 in
damage.

Now to my question, what does the oxygen sensor do, whats its purpose,
how does it affect the performance of our trucks, they replaced it under
warranty, I was told that when they were test driving it the check
engine light came on, great timing I must say.

If anyone else is noticing a buzzing sound when excellerateing, get the
dealer to check the transmission the work they did was, R&R transmission
and replaced drive plate & bell housing cover plate. problem has been
solved. I went back to the dealer about 3 times for this buzzing sound,
problem has been solved finally.

They had the dak for about 4 days, but I had a fully loaded Dodge
Durango 5.9L fair exchange I thought. Lots of fun with this dodge, lots
of power and handled better than I thought it would.

later Trent
http://members.home.net/dakota97/index.html