Re: Teen drag racing !!! (yes, for me)

From: Dester243@aol.com
Date: Sat May 01 1999 - 01:28:31 EDT

In a message dated 5/1/99 12:23:01 AM Central Daylight Time,
stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu writes:

<< Hmmm... Sounds like you need more power! (arrh arrh arrh!) ;-)
 Actually, in drag racing, you might have a traction problem off the line
 due to the people who don't know any better that drive through the water
 pit with their street tires. They'll drag the water up onto the track...
 I find its much easier to spin the tires on the track than it is on the
 street.

   Have fun!! Watch out for that drag racing bug though... When that lil'
 bugger takes hold, its not a pretty sight!! ;-)

My uncle has taught me a killer launch technique. i think it works well...
but on the first second. don't FLOOR it. kinda give it half way gas and when
it gets going, punch it and watch the RPMS soar. bad idea? i have never
lost traction this way when street racing. but i barely lose traction ever.
-Dester