Re: Teen drag racing !!! (yes, for me)

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Sat May 01 1999 - 09:18:30 EDT

If you remove any weight, do it at the front of the vehicle - this shouldn't
hurt your traction so much. Also, try to find a good pair of slicks, maybe
you'll actually be able to power-brake a little on the launch. If you have
a choice, go with the lightest wheel/tire combination you can find (removing
one pound of rotational wheel weight is worth taking 4 pounds off the
vehicle). If you have adjustable shocks, lighten up the front ones and
stiffen up the rear ones. Lose your tire pressure in the rear & put
smallest tires on front that you can.

Personally, I'd keep the tailgate and cover to maintain structural rigidity
(may improve hook-up).

'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
'84 GoldWing Interstate