Friday night drags.

From: DodgeBoyz3@aol.com
Date: Sat May 01 1999 - 11:13:55 EDT

Hello lists!

We had a great time last night at Houston Raceway Park. This is the Fun Ferd
Weekend at HRP, so there were plenty blue oval bozos to play with. Street
cars to full blown race cars. Even some of those coffee can exhaust tipped
rice grinders. A couple of other GM toys too. I made about 9 passes, racing
other Dakotas (Mike Clark, Richard Lewis from the DML, I am sure they will
comment later) and a few other makes. Every time I pulled into the water
box, the announcer would start talking about the gorgeous dodge, sport,
Dakota RT. He must have been drooling all over the mike. The truck ran
flawless, a best ET of 15.498@87.64. Remember, I am still bone stock. It
was running 15.60's until I removed the tube connecting the air box to the
T-body. I was having a blast racing the Mustangs. Most were strictly drag
cars, 9-10 second range. The announcer would go into his drooling routine
about my truck and then go on to say how I didn't have much of a chance
against the race car. But I was cutting great lights, and the track
announcer finally conceded several times to the spectators that while the
pretty dodge didn't have the H. P. to keep up in the long run, the reaction
times of the dodge were more that enough to assure victory if it did have
more H. P. I had the best reaction time of the night, a . 502. Followed by
a . 509,513,520,543 etc........60' times were pretty consistent, most in the
2.220 range, with a best of 2.199 and a worst of 2.293 I started at 30lbs of
pressure and worked down to 16lbs in the G/Y RS-A's
All in all a great and fun night at the track. I just wish more of the
Houston area members would get out.