Re: Friday night drags.

From: V8dakLECC@aol.com
Date: Sat May 01 1999 - 15:37:56 EDT

Hey List,

Me, Gene, Mike Clark, and several billion hopped up mustangs had a great
night at HRP Yesterday evening.

I made 9 passes in my truck with a best E.T. of 15.674 (on my computer - see
below). All other runs were around 15.7-15.8. My 60' times suck. Either
the Firehawks aren't good at the track, or I haven't let enough air out yet
(only went down to 25#). Anyway, my best 60 was 2.330 worst, 2.484. I was a
little less consistent at the light than Mr Consistent - Gene, but I still
cut some pretty good lights. BTW my truck has an open air cleaner, and
Dynomax Cat-Back as the only mods..

Best race of the night: Michael Clark was gracious enough to let me borrow
his MP SBEC for a couple of runs. I lined up with Gene's stock RT. I cut a
good light, Gene red lighted (not by much though). I ended up less than a
half truck length ahead of him at the end my ET was 15.447. The MP SBEC is
good for minumum of 0.3 in the 1/4, probably more, but I had some detonation
at high revs. Man I had trouble getting my hood open knowing that I was
gonna have to give the comp back to michael. Oh my, I must get a MP SBEC!!

Next best Race: A Black Ferd T-bird with Yellow lettered wheels (slicks),
loud exhaust, Gawdy yellow stickers all over it. I thought I would be
toast. I got him off the line and still was neck and neck halfway down. I
fully expected him to pull away in the second half, with aerodynamics on his
side, but the Dak just kept him out of reach. Good race! E.T. one of my
worst 15.902 (2.247 60'). He was all sticker, no motor!

Other notes: Got a DDBC from Mike - Installed this morning, really sharp
looking.

Other Notes: My sister picked up her V6 Sport in Deep Amethyst here in
Houston this morning, WOW, what a color!

We will definately need to do this more often. Hope to see more Houston area
Daksters out there

Sorry so long!

Richard Lewis, Houston TX
92 LE CC, 318, Auto.