YAN (Yet Another Newbie)

From: Lee Miller (miller-lee@usa.net)
Date: Sat May 01 1999 - 20:34:20 EDT

Well today marks two weeks with my Dak ('99 CC Sport, White, V-6 Auto) and
I've been lurking for about a week so time for some ?'s

It seems most of the mods are aimed at the V-8's, I'm wondering what mods
people have done on their V-6's. Obviously if you're looking for the most
umpfh an 8 is the way to go, but to be honest I'm not worried about what my
truck does in the 1/4 mi. Also I'm looking for things that aren't too
involved (I'd say I'm mechnically competent but without much experience
under the hood), and I want to keep factory warranty intact. I'm thinking
of putting in a drop in K&N, I'm assuming that without moding the TB (and
possibly exhuast) the extra flow of a K&N FIPK Gen II would be overkill.
Additionally the height of my Dak is perfect for me (I'm 6'4" and don't like
having to get down into, or up onto a seat to get into a vehicle), so
drop/lift kits would be a waste for me.

So is there anything out there performance wise I should look at or should I
just stick to my appearance/convenience changes (Pace-Edwards Roll-Top in
already, Power Bolt goes in next Saturday, Billet Grille inserts sometime in
the future).

Additionally are there any Dak collectibles floating around (other than the
Road & Track Red and Blue Sort Regular Cabs), particularly for CC's.

Thanks
Lee