Re: Re: Help! 6-lug to 5-lug conversion???

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Sun May 02 1999 - 02:04:23 EDT

I saw something about this in the archives. One guy had a Ford 9"
rear-end/axle assembly from an 80's car and found that it was really close
to the width of the Dak axle, so that might take care of the rear axle, plus
give you an extra-beefy pumpkin. As for the front spindles, I'd think
spindles from an earlier Dak would work. I've also heard that the spindles
from a Dodge Stealth would bolt right up to the Dak, so you could put
Stealth wheels on your Dak if you wanted to :)

Good luck. I've thought about doing this myself, didn't have the money at
the time. Now there are enough 6x4.5" aftermarket wheels available, I
probably wouldn't go to the trouble.

p.s. - I've yet to find anyone that has an explanation for Chrysler going to
a 6-lug. I've even asked a factory rep and he didn't have a clue. I can't
imagine they'd do it just to piss us off........

'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
'84 GoldWing Interstate