Re: Dakota Sport decals(sticker traces)

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Mon May 03 1999 - 17:06:02 EDT

<< Help, advice needed. I went by a body shop to get a little of the glue
 removal before I start taking the decals off. The guy told me that I would
 be able to see where the decals were on the truck, even after I took them
 off. I told him it was a new truck and he still felt this way. He did not
 see the truck. It is black, wondering if anyone had any trouble or could
 see anything after removal and cleanup, thanks,

Good question. I thought about removing ALL(both cab and bed) the sport
graphics on both sides of my Dak because 4-5 of the small gray/silver pieces
are gone; I would like them all off. Since it is a 93 though, I am also
worried it will leave 'traces". My truck is Emerald Green if that matters. I
was thinking about removing them and paying a local body/paint shop to
buff/wax the entire truck out for $75. I had this done once before and they
got ALL the fine and deep scratches out. Looked like it was brand new.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6