Jacobs Was (Re: Brake Rotors and INTRO)

From: David Henry (dhenry@advdata.net)
Date: Mon May 03 1999 - 18:15:29 EDT

I've had mine on since sometime in '95. Don't really remember when. Since
I added the Gibson exhaust and Thorley headers fairly close to the same
time it's difficult to attribute improvement solely to the Jacobs box. I
did disconnect it once (I wasn't sure if it was working right or not) and I
could feel and hear the difference without it. Didn't seem as aggressive
and peppy. Deeper throatier sound with it connected and better throttle
response. I didn't leave it off long enough to note a mpg change. Mileage
did increase around 3-4 mpg with the above changes. I slapped on a pair of
loud sticky Mickey Thompson Baja tires a few thousand miles later and it
ate most of the increase up.

David Henry '94 CC 4x4 318 5Spd in MI