Re: V6 (Austin) Versus V8 Wiring

From: Bob Nichols (bnich@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Mon May 03 1999 - 19:17:28 EDT

DICEMAN469@aol.com wrote:

> I finally am almost there to be making my major engine upgrade. It lies
> between a supercharger for the 6er i have now, or doing a 360ci V8 swapout. I
> know I will also need a tranny and most likely a driveshaft as well as a
> computer but what else will I need?? I'm especially concerned about the
> wiring harness, and how much of it I will have to either redesign of replace.
> Is the wiring harness modular so I can replace just a portion or do I have to
> pull out every wire in the truck?? I asked this question once before and
> everyone seemed to be scared to answer it so someone PLEASE HELP ME!! I have
> need for speed, and finally the money to quench the thirst.
>
> -Thanx in advance,
> Austin
> Vipertruck in engine limbo

Austin,
Do the Supercharger. Hopefully I'm next!
Bob
Lowered 1998 Metalic Red Extended Cab
Western Chassis 2/4" Drop, Gibson Cat Back, Lund Roll Pan, Sport Masters Burgandy
Tonnue, Home Grown K+N, F+B TB, Stillen Bumper Cover, Sony CDX-7850, Infinity
Kappa's, MTX 275x, MTX Thunderform and a MTX 2130
Visit my Dak at http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/factory/7995