Re: RE: Re: V6 1/4 mile times??

From: Mark Kuzia (flyboy01@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon May 03 1999 - 22:52:08 EDT

He has not yet been to the track this year. When he gets back from Texas, we
plan on taking both our trucks to Milan Dragway. I know the G-tech gives you
a higher "mph" that the strip (about 4mph), but I have run the G-tech at the
track and the E.T.'s were pretty close. The temps were very cold when we did
those runs and traction was very good, I know that the 5-speed V-6 Daks are
definately faster than the autos. I think the difference may also be in the
cold air induction he has, he has two 4" ducts running to the air cleaner (I
lost .3 when I removed my ram-air setup from mine). I have seen other V-6
Dakotas run in the 15's before. We will see how accurate those times are,
but I know he can give my truck a good run for the money before I ported the
TB and added the headers. I know he is trying to shoot for the low 15's this
year.

Mark Kuzia