Diff Clutches

From: Garfield (schred1@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue May 04 1999 - 10:08:00 EDT

|2. Sometimes mine burns both tires and sometimes it
|doesn't, what could be
|>causing it? I notice it burns 1 tire 90% of the time
|and then when i hit
|>second i leave 2 marks 50% of the time.

Hmmm. I don't know a darn thing about diff's but a
comment someone made a few days ago got me thinking!
Can't remember who it was, but they were talking about
how a LSD works and said something about clutches? Is
this a maintenance item? It would seem to me that a
clutch would wear over time and would need
replacement!
Anybody smarter than me have any ideas???