Re: Re[2]: Goofy Electrical Questions

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Tue May 04 1999 - 11:30:17 EDT

<< Thanks Jon & Kyle... How do you "pop out" the lighter socket? Does it
just
 screw out or do you have to pry it???

 Also, should I worry about overloading the circuit if I use the lighter and
the
 CB and charger are running?

I wouldnt worry about overloading the circuit, especially on newer vehicles,
85-present. The lighter socket is really designed to handle fairly large
draws of current. I mean the worst thing that could happen is to blow the
fuse. On my 93, which only has one lighter socket(do newer oes have more??),
I have ran a cell phone, fuzz buster(before I hard wired it in), and one of
those electrical converters(the ones which let you use plug in items, like
power tools, etc.) all at one time without a problem. Not really sure how to
get the socket out. Time to take the dash apart I guess, there has the be a
bracket holding it on. Good Luck
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6