Re: 99 Lightning competition

From: Catlin (catlin@erols.com)
Date: Tue May 04 1999 - 12:57:59 EDT

>Jon Steiger wrote:

> That's what I thought too, but a buddy of mine said that Car & Driver got
>a low 14 (or maybe a high 13?) out of it, so I'm not sure what to think.
>(Does car and driver do their own testing?) If anyone sees one at the
>track, let us know what it runs in the "real world"! :-)

                                               -Jon-

Hey Jon,
        I read the lightning list (just scoping the competition) and
they are just starting to receive the new lightning's. They seem to
be running low 14s to high 13s. Here is a copy of a post from the
"other" list.

>From the lightning list:
"Hey all, I had the very distinct pleasure of being one of the first
"old
Lightning" owners to race a "new Lightning" heads up at the track! It
was a White truck that a dealer had there, and it wasn't even titled
yet. Even though I knew what the outcome was going to be, it was still
fun. The results - I ran a 15.10 @ 89.75 to his 14.25 @ 96.20! Later,
with a different driver, it ran a 13.95! " Snip"

There are some other posts about the track and new lightning's but
this is generally what they are posting as far as times.

Mike Catlin