Re: To load or not to load

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Mon May 03 1999 - 16:40:34 EDT

Trevor Stott wrote:

> I have a bit of a dilemma, my truck only has 600 kilometers on it and I've
> been blessed/cursed with one in a million chance at taking home about 1000lbs
> worth of wood for free. If I don't do it tonight I don't get the wood.
> Question is can I do this without damaging the engine during the break in
> period? Should I pass on this furniture grade lumber? What's a safe limit or
> is there one?
>
> Good presents come to those who can't accept! :}
> Trevor.
>
> 99 CC 5.2L
I say go get your wood and don't worry about the break-in period.
I personally don't believe in doing anything different during the first
miles of a vehicle.
Drive it now like you will drive it all the time. Regular maintanance is
the key to engine longevity.
I have 17,000 trouble free miles on my R/T now. When I got in it for the
1st time w/1.5 mi. on the odometer, I nailed the throttle.
I started 1/4 mile racing it at 2,500 mi. only because I couldn't make
time for the track sooner.
 Go for it, don't let that kind of oppotunity slip away. Alan S.