Re: To load or not to load

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Tue May 04 1999 - 16:51:37 EDT

Don't worry about the "Break-In" Period. I noticed on my buddy's RAM (in
the owners manual) that there is NO break in period. This used to be true
for the older engines but not for today's engines. The building processes
have been improved so much that the engine hardly require a break-in period
anymore.

Go for it...

At 03:40 PM 05/03/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>Trevor Stott wrote:
>>
>> I have a bit of a dilemma, my truck only has 600 kilometers on it and I've
>> been blessed/cursed with one in a million chance at taking home about
1000lbs
>> worth of wood for free. If I don't do it tonight I don't get the wood.
>> Question is can I do this without damaging the engine during the break in
>> period? Should I pass on this furniture grade lumber? What's a safe
>limit or
>> is there one?
>>
>> Good presents come to those who can't accept! :}
>> Trevor.
>>
>> 99 CC 5.2L
>I say go get your wood and don't worry about the break-in period.
>I personally don't believe in doing anything different during the first
>miles of a vehicle.
>Drive it now like you will drive it all the time. Regular maintanance is
>the key to engine longevity.
>I have 17,000 trouble free miles on my R/T now. When I got in it for the
>1st time w/1.5 mi. on the odometer, I nailed the throttle.
>I started 1/4 mile racing it at 2,500 mi. only because I couldn't make
>time for the track sooner.
> Go for it, don't let that kind of oppotunity slip away. Alan S.

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX
http://lonestar.texas.net/~bernd/Dakota.htm
1997 Dodge Dakota SLT/CC (V6)