Non Dak...but it is Chrysler

From: Michael Guzinski (m.gski@CWIX.com)
Date: Wed May 05 1999 - 02:10:40 EDT

I think we have a Chrysler mechanic out there somewhere.........I took my
wife's (gulp) Plymouth Breeze into the shop (under warranty) for brake
problems, an oil leak (head gasket), and well it's 132 screaming HP just
don't perform for my wife anymore. (hmmm, wonder why?) The dealer tells me
that the TBI is all carboned up....ok...I can just pull it off and clean it.
Right? Nope....your computer needs to be reprogrammed after it is
removed!!..... I have never heard of this.....he said it wouldn't even start
after that.
So...is he full of it?Am I safe to take it off myself and clean it?
Another thing he mentioned is doing a complete flush of the
engine......"motor vac"..they pump some 250 degree liquid through it to
clean out the sludge......does it work?
The other thing is the front pads are worn into wedges.....I was told by a
brake shop that the calipers are bad......the Chrysler dealer said that the
calipers are fine and my Raybestos pads are junk...I have to use Mopar
pads....this sound right to anyone.....I feel I am not totally car stupid
but some of these things just don't add up. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Mike Guzinski
m.gski@CWIX.com