Re: RE: DML v6 versus v8 wiring (ATTN: RICK)

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Wed May 05 1999 - 06:52:05 EDT

In a message dated 5/5/99 2:55:26 AM Eastern Daylight Time, stedman@mwr.is
writes:

> Hey Austin,
> I also have an 88 Dak 6er, but it's a 4x4 sport. I also am researching a v8
> swap and so far I have figured out it depends on your induction system.
Carb
> of Fuel injection, and also what kind of tranny you use. The tranny (if its
> a lock up type) gets input from the SMEC. If you want to leave the wiring
> alone and use the existing TB and you can. You just need to re-calibrate
the
> computer for the v-8. E-mail me if you need more info.

Sorry Rick I got the '95 with MPI and the swap isn't quite as easy. But I've
been chatting with Eric quite a bit on this subject (he seems to be the 5.9
guru on this list, or at least the most talkative one) and he's got me
thinking this isn't too hard. Alot harder than a supercharger, but definately
do-able and emissions legal. i need time to do some more research...I'll keep
everyone posted.

-Austin
Vipertruck in engine limbo