YELLORT = Speeding Ticket

From: Sam Parthemer (rtdkota@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed May 05 1999 - 20:13:07 EDT

Not me, my wife: Read below!

My wife got a speeding ticket yesterday on the way home from her
parents house... Four guys in a lowered 510 Datsun (bubble rims, gold
curb feelers, you get the picture) got on the fwy and ran right up on
her passenger side... They swerverd into her lane, she sped up, they
sped up, she slowed down, they slowed down. Finally they past her, got
in front of her, and slowed down from 65 to about 55 mph... She past
them in the #1 lane, got away from them and slowed to her cruise speed
(65 mph) and shortly there after, they did it again.. Finally she
needed to catch the exit to another fwy, and these guys were blocking
her in. She had a car infront of her, so she again went into the #1
lane passed the car infront of her, then signalled and moved over to
the right and caught her exit...

Then about 1/4 mi after entering the next fwy a CHP pulled up behind
her (he had been following her and the reckless driver's in the 510),
and pulled HER over. She was FURIOUS... which probably didn't help her
situation. She asked "Why didn't you pull those people over??" And he
said "You were playing some kind of game with them, and then you were
speeding."
He wrote her up for 90 in a 65 mph zone (1 point, $135 fine). I KNOW
why he pulled her over. One, he had a mustang, and two the YELLORT
license on a YELLOW RT made for an easy target I guess. We plan to
fight it, but she hasn't had a ticket in 7-8 years, so traffic school
bound no doubt. I felt pretty bad, as she is a very caution driver,
and rarely goes about 65-70 mph EVER. I'm the psycho driver in the
family. Needless to say, I am driving the YELLOW RT for now as she
wants nothing to do with it... BIG mistake for me, as I was followed
all the way to work thing morning by a CHP officer... I had the cruise
at 63 mph... and waved at him as he finally passed me after 10 miles
(then he pulled over some van with exp. tags). Oh yeah, my wife likes
my Black RT more... she told me that it really surprised her when she
drove it today (nearly spun the tire from a street light--
unintentially, she hits ME in the arm if I do it!). Guess I better get
another TB, set of pulleys, etc. etc.

Sam '99 RT x 2