Re: $185 throttle body cleaning

From: Dester243@aol.com
Date: Thu May 06 1999 - 00:41:32 EDT

In a message dated 5/5/99 11:38:51 PM Central Daylight Time,
shetland@erols.com writes:

<< -Yeah, I got a thought! Why dont you tell him to show you where
 Chrysler has included this
 $185 cleaning as part of their scheduled maintenance, and printed it in
 your owner's manual, so
 you knew that when a dealer told you to have it done at 19K miles, you
 knew he was full of crap!
 Then tell him if your T/B was so carboned up at 19K to require cleaning
 that there must be something wrong with the engine/fuel management
 system/emissions system, and that his technicians
 should be looking over everything with a fine tooth comb to find what
 has gone so dramatically wrong with your truck. Of course, since your
 emissions warranty is now 8 years, 100K miles on emissions components
 with the advent of OBDII that it will be performed free of charge.
 Then, ask him what in the new MAP certifications just released this
 year (Motorist Assurance Program) is he basing his recommendation on,
 and is it a "required" repair or a "suggested" repair. Then, ignore
 whatever he says back cause he's now just covering his ass.
   Finally, ask him to check your shocks. You know, you have 19K miles
 on them and they really wont last forever...
   Sorry, had to do that, I hate consumers being ripped off...
 Patrick
 Firestone in Baltimore

you can get ur throttle body ported out by a machine shop for 100 bucks. 85
bucks for carb cleaner??
-Dester