Check Engine Light after Throttle Body Work

From: Ryan LeBlanc (rleblanc1@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu May 06 1999 - 03:20:15 EDT

Well, I decided to Port and Polish my Throttle Body today. In the middle of
the project, I needed to put the windows up in the truck, this made me turn
the key to the on position. I had a check engine light stay on, but didn't
worry, as the whole throttle body was out of the engine. After the job was
done, and all back in, I started it up, only to see the check engine light
still on. I let it warm up, ran it around the block, light still on.
Decided to let it sit over night and ask you guys if you had any ideas, well
see what is happenin' in the morning. Will the key cycle that shows the
error code clear this? What is the key cycle again? How many on's and
off's? Thanks,

Ryan
97, CC, 5.2L, ...