Re: Error codes

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Fri May 07 1999 - 15:30:08 EDT

<< I just checked the error codes on my 96 Dak and got a 12
 then an 11.

 I cleared the codes by removing the battery and it did work for about a 30
 minutes trip, but then it came back on with the same error codes. Any
 ideas??? >>

Well #12 basically means that the battery was disconnected and that within
30-50 startups, the error will go away. So by disconnecting the battery
again, the code 12 will come up, it is not a 'fault' code really, just a
'notice.' As far as the #11 code goes, this means there is no disributor
input signal, did you do any wires or distributor cap work lately? Double
check all the electrical connectors to from the distrib and igntion related
componenets. Good luck! Hope this helps.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6