Re: Ball Joints

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Fri May 07 1999 - 15:36:20 EDT

<< You know I love these trucks, but this is really getting scary. Out of
 curiosity, shouldn't one assume, being a believer in balance, if one side is
 worn, wouldn't the opposite side be off a little?

I just still cannot get over how many 97 and newer Dak owners has this
problem. I think, but not sure, that Chrysler went to sealed upper and lower
ball joints, maybe this is the prob? My 93 Dak has NO slop or play in the
innner or out tie rods and NO slop or play with the lower abnd upper ball
joints with 104,000 miles on them. Also being 4WD, the only steering part I
have replaced was at 95,000 miles and this was the idler arm, so even being
4WD and being exposed to harser driving situations and more front end stress,
my front end doesnt have any play what-so-ever. My ball joints as well as the
tie rods are all greaseable, if that is in fact the problem. I make sure to
grease or check mine at every 3,000 mile oil change.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6