Re: Front Bumper on 97+ Daks

From: Jason Yates (j_hurricane_y@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri May 07 1999 - 23:19:50 EDT

I agree. I crawled around under my truck greasing all the
zerks (what a pain!!!) and since I was on my back under the
truck, I thought I might as well 'take some time to smell
the grease.' Anyway, have you noticed that the underside
of your facia is actually STAPLED to the plastic
underneath!?! I thought staples were for paper. Then, I
looked at the metal piece and noticed that I could read all
sorts of what appeared to be recycled aluminum
cans--Sprite, Pepsi, Coors . . . OK, just kidding, but it
is flimsy. As far as the license plate thing goes, I
removed the black plastic piece and bolted the plate right
to the facia. What you do is to get a package of rubber
washers (like for sinks) to put behind the plate on the
screws so it doesn't rub the facia. Works good. I bought
a black metal license plate frame to stiffen the assembly a
little. I think it looks better than stock.

JY
Vegas '98 5.2L 4x4 CC