RE: 99 CC Rear seat accessibility

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gsc.gte.com)
Date: Fri May 07 1999 - 14:00:28 EDT

Trevor,
No, this is normal. What you should check is that they lock up when you
brake hard. I didn't find this out until I had people riding in the back
seat, and had someone pull out in front of me. Upon hard breaking, the next
thing I know, I'm pinned between the steering wheel and the backrest of my
seat. The latches failed on both front bucket seats. The people in the
back braced themselves against the back of the front seats, and just keep
coming forward. They are suppose to latch and not permit forward motion
under severe braking. I would test for this before you get into a situation
similar to this. Took it back into the dealer and had the latching
mechanisms replaced and the overall operation checked.
Rich - Ashburn, VA