Windows DML desktop theme!

From: Michael Clark (magnumv8@wt.net)
Date: Sat May 08 1999 - 00:56:40 EDT

Ok, so everyone liked the screensaver that Nate did so well right? Well, I've
started design work on a desktop theme for all the windows users on the list.
 I've got a pretty good start already and Nate has been helping me with some
ideas and stuff. But I need some ideas from you guys. So far I have used the
dml logo as a wallpaper background. I also adapted that and made an animated
startup screen. Just like the stock screen with the pulsating bar across the
bottom only with the dml logo instead of the windoze one. I have created several
icons for various things like "my computer" "net neighborhood" and the recycle
bin (a trash can with the f*rd logo on it). I have some pretty good sounds
that integrate well with windows operations, but I'll be recording more. I
plan on trying to use any sounds our trucks make that would be useful, like
door locks, opening closing of doors, tailgate, windows (maybe), horn, alarm,
um what am I forgetting oh yeah, tires squeeling!! ya know stuff like that.
 BTW if anyone has a nice wav file of a blowout at say 70 mph that might be
good for a critical stop or something ;-)

Areas that I might need some help:
3D animation. For the animated cursors. I will have custom cursors in the
theme, but I'll need to go learn how to animate this stuff first. Or if someone
is already proficient in that area and would like to help that would be great.
 If anyone looked at the viper theme they used a nice one that replaced the
standard cursor with the pointer and small hourglass, with a pointer and some
nice spining 3d viper text. Something along those lines is what my goal is.

Fonts. I would like to have a good dakota font for the theme. I tried hemihead
426 (or whatever it's called) but when used on menus and things it isn't too
readable. If anyone knows of a better one that would still be easily read by
all means let me know.

Screen savers. If anyone knows of a good dml screen--- uh, nevermind... ;-)

Lets see I think that pretty much covers it. The only "help" I kinda need is
with the 3d animations and a good font. But more than that is ideas! If anyone
would like to contribute an idea, I'll include your name on the "credits" in
the readme file when I finish the theme. I figure I might can make a pretty
good theme on my own, but if I get everyone in on this I'm sure to get some
great ideas and can make one that's really nice.

---Mike, near Houston.--- http://www.mikesdakota.com
        '93 V8 4X2
Houston Area DML Meet Page
http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/9221