FYI-Non-Dak : Low-mileage Aspen

From: W. Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Sat May 08 1999 - 19:18:56 EDT

Just an FYI to anyone that may be interested in an Aspen locally (Atlanta
area) .

The guy that owns a local towing service picked up a 79 Aspen at an estate
sale .

This is a 1979 Dodge Aspen , Red exterior in excellent shape , white
Bro-Ham top (I hate those!) with a couple of small scrapes on it .

There is no rust , which is unusual with the Aspen , and I wondered why the
engine looked clean enough to eat off of so I checked the
odometer........32K ORIGINAL MILES !!!!

I talked to the guy and he is asking $1800 and I think it is definitely
worth it for anyone interested . I would have gotten it myself , but I am
in need of a commuter car and just got a 94 V6 Shadow .

I started the car and as is with most cars that are old and have very few
miles on them , the exhaust is rotted out (this happens cuz whoever had it
would drive it maybe 2 miles a day , like to get the mail , and just when
the car was about to get warm enough to burn off any condensation , they
would shut it off and the condensation eventually rusts out the exhaust
system) , and the carb. could stand a rebuild from sitting for so long .

He said that the people that owned it were recently admitted to a
retirement home , and the son was taking care of liquidating their estate .

If anyone is interested , you can either contact Orr's Wrecker Service in
Newnan , GA (I don't have the number) or myself and I will be glad to help
if I can .

W. Jack Hilton III

HEMI@charter.net

http://webpages.charter.net/hemi/jbd1.html