Re[4]: In-line fuel filter,Attn: Dave

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Sat May 08 1999 - 20:09:38 EDT

Excellent! Thanks Dave.
Tom

Subject: Re: Re[2]: DML: In-line fuel filter,Attn: Tom
Author: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net> at smtpout
Date: 5/8/99 10:08 AM

Hi Tom,

Here is the information you wanted for the in-line filters.

Fuel pressure for the '97 5.2 runs between 44 and 54 psi. Originally I
tried to use an filter from the Chrysler 3.0 v6 but I think their fuel
pressure
is about 38 psi and I didn't want to take the chance.

So, we used the in-line filter for the current Ford v8 Pickups.

Guys at the shop found three brand names and part numbers:

MotorCraft is FG-800
Fram is G-3802A
Micron is F4-800

I used the Micron, but they are all about the same.

Hope this helps.

David R.
Sterling Heights
Michigan