Wiring Conventions

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Sat May 08 1999 - 20:24:26 EDT

Would somebody refresh my memory... pleeeease? ;-) Typically Red is + or the
hot wire and black is - or ground, so far so good? If you have two black wires
but one has a stripe down it (in this case a white stripe) the one with the
stripe is +; yes, no, maybe?? Are there other general constructs, rules or
standards I should know before I start to wire some stuff in?? And don't give
me this, "take your truck to someone that knows what they're doing" stuff
either... I prefer to melt down my truck in private, thank you! :-)
Tom

P.S. What's up with a green, yellow, black w/white stripe and white wires???
Are all electrical engineers throw backs from the 60's or what?!... Wow man,
look at all the pretty colors, dude... ;-)