RE: RE: K&N FIPK 57-1503

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sat May 08 1999 - 20:58:29 EDT

>Bob,
>The 1503 sounds just like the 1501. Mine has a slightly dropped base and
>did not require changing any hoses. If you would like me to take some
>measurements from the baseplate for height and clearance, just let me know.
>I'll be glad to do it.
>Rich - Ashburn, VA

Thanks, Rich. I am kind of curious.

I've just finished changing to Champion Truck plugs, MP plug wires,
MP cap and rotor, and swapping in the GC upper rad hose.

I put the base plate on and it looks that there will be no clearance
problems. Actually, the base plate is kind of raised at the TB so
that a spacer isn't required. I did have to do a shadetree fix for
the hose. The angle of the connector pipe just would line up no matter
how I positioned the base plate. I used a hose from my swimming pool
equipment that fits snugly into the hose from the manifold and the
hose that came with the kit. Will finish it up tomorrow morning as it
has started raining again.

Bob
Burlington, Ontario

'97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55, auto., 4x2