Re: New Accel coil

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Sun May 09 1999 - 20:59:34 EDT

<< Ok...I'm kind of skeptical about BIG horsepower gains from just an ignition
 coil. Kyle, what condition were your old plugs, wires, and coil in before
 you changed them? (Sounds like you noticed gains from a Tune-Up.) Don't
 take it the wrong way...i've also been looking for a coil that'll fit where
 the old one is. (I like the MSD Blaster-SS...but can't put it in the
 original location.)

I was kidding about feeling a huge gain when putting in the new wires, coil,
and plugs. Dont get me wrong, it was a noticable gain, but nothing drastic
like you mentioned about being skeptical about huge gains from ignition mods.
However, I was extremely pleased with the tune up and the gains I got fom it.
 This was my first experience with MSD wires(8.5 Super Conductors) and I was
extremely happy with them. When I did the parts swap, my truck had about
100,000 miles on it. The only ignition 'mod' was a Borg Warner Select brass
cap and rotor, more of an uprgrade than a mod. I did notice a nice more
smooth throttle acceleration and better mileage after putting on the new
coil, wires, and plugs. The plugs that I replaced were 45,000 mile old
Champion Truck Plugs, I replaced them with the same kind.
I hope the MSD 6-Offroad ignition will cap off all my ignition mods; coming
this week just in time for some pre season(deer) scouting!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6