Re: MSD

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Mon May 10 1999 - 17:40:48 EDT

Yes. You can install the coil without any of the other parts. (Works just
fine) The stock coil is located below the alternator on a bracket that is
attached to the engine block. (Small black box). Just trace the coil wire
from the Distributor to the coil.

As for the recommended coil with the MSD 6 box, the answer I received from
MSD direct for all '97-up Dakota trucks (4, 6, and 8cyl) is the MSD
Blaster-SS coil - P/N: 8207 (about $40-$45.00)

At 05:05 PM 05/10/1999 -0400, you wrote:
>OK i am going to buy the MSD package. First of all I don't have the money to
>buy all the components at once and want to buy them one at a time? The
>cheapest is the coil. So IF i buy the coil will I be able to put it on with
>the rest of my stock ignition setup? Or do I have to wait for the whole MSD
>setup. If I can were is our stock coil located on the 98,318? And what is
>the part # fort a MSD Blaster 2 coil for a 98,318?
>
>Josh

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX
http://lonestar.texas.net/~bernd/Dakota.htm