Re: MSD ignition

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Mon May 10 1999 - 18:41:20 EDT

If MSD has ties to any manufacturer, it's probably Chrysler. One of the
first commercial MSD units was made specifically for Chrysler. This was
called the 5-C and was a direct replacement for mid-70's Chryslers that had
the 5-pin ignition box. You just bolt the ignition to your firewall and
plug the 5-pin factory harness into it (I know 'cuz I used to have one).

I think some of Chrylers high-end ignition boxes are made by MSD, or at
least use their technology. I'm speaking of the race units, like the Gold
Box available through MoPar Performance (Direct Connection). I'm not sure
of this, maybe someone on the list can confirm this??

p.s. - I'm in digest mode now, so little harder to answer messages......

'92 Dak CC 2wd 318 3.55
'84 GoldWing Interstate

Subject: DML: MSD ignition