R/T Towing: Getting the press involved

From: HEMI@charter.net
Date: Tue May 11 1999 - 12:03:14 EDT

I have sent a message to Lance Martz , who has been on the DML and has a
bitchin' Dakota :) asking him if he may be interested in the revised tow
rating info for the magazines .

For any of you that know Lance , he puts together some really good columns
in Truckin' , and was also promoted to Editor of Mini Truckin' Magazine a
couple of months ago .

He is an honest and straight forward kind of guyt , and he takes a good
view on things .

Anyway ,I am not posting his e-mail address here because I am quite sure he
is a more than busy being the head honcho at Mini Truckin' , but I just
wanted everyone that is concerned about this issue that this may help us
bring this issue to the for-front of the media and put some pressure on DC
if it is picked up by any of the magazines .

>From: Lance Martz <****>
>To: "'HEMI@charter.net'" <HEMI@charter.net>
>Subject: RE: maybe you can help (DML)
>Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 08:27:27 -0700
>
> For the most part, your truck will still do everything it's supposed
>to except maybe pulling houses off their foundations. LOL There are very
>few situations where you need that much towing capacity unless you're
>pulling a HUGE fifth wheel trailer. I know that the torque and capacity of
>my Dakota (still unfinished) is more than adequate. Over 300 hp and more
>than 400 ft. lbs. of torque is a good thing... I'll forward the
>information to the Senior Editor of Truckin' to see if they can use the
>information in Truckin' as part of the Insider column. Lance Martz
>Editor,
>MiniTruckin' Magazine

Jack Hilton III

Black 1998 Dodge Dakota R/T Club Cab

Charter Pipeline......the Next Wave.....

HEMI@charter.net

http://webpages.charter.net/hemi/jbd1.html