Re: I GOT A REPLY via E-Mail from DC!!!

From: HEMI@charter.net
Date: Tue May 11 1999 - 13:56:45 EDT

You are both right and wrong .

For instance :

You order a truck with a 5.9 liter engine , you pay for a truck with a 5.9
liter engine , and you drive home after picking it up , thinking it has a
5.9 liter engine .

Several months later , you find out that it is in fact a 5.2 liter engine .

You contact Chrysler and are told "...Well , Mr. Hilton , it says we have
the right to change our manuals at any time." .

You are wrong in the fact that this is legal ad there is nothing we can do
about it .

Now , if they had actually made the truck's towing rating 2000 lbs *before*
you took delivery , then you may not have a legal ground , but not at this
point .

Do you see my point ? Kinda hard to get across what I am thinking .

>I hate to throw a bucket of cold hard reality on the mad fit you guys have
>got worked up about this, but if DC ever put one of those standard
>disclaimers about "specs subject to change without notice...etc." in any of
>their literature or in anything you signed (and there is such a disclaimer
>on the inside front cover of my 97 owners manual), then there's no false or
>misleading anything and you have no case or cause of action for anything. I
>guess if any of you actually bought your R/T for towing heavy loads you
>have a right to be upset, but there's basically nothing you can do about it
>except get a more suitable vehicle.
>
>Mike Crumley 97 V6 Auto
>mail to: mcrumley@airmail.net
>
>I always keep a supply of stimulant handy in case
>I see a snake, which I also keep handy. -- W.C. Fields

Jack Hilton III

Black 1998 Dodge Dakota R/T Club Cab

Charter Pipeline......the Next Wave.....

HEMI@charter.net

http://webpages.charter.net/hemi/jbd1.html