Re: Cooling Fans

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Mon May 10 1999 - 14:01:42 EDT

Bernd D. Ratsch wrote:

> It seems that the Dual-Fan setups work on the V8's and single fan's work
> well on the V6's. I personally use a Hayden 16" Single on my Dak.

I use the dual setup for cooling on the V8 more for redundency. There
are single fans that flow more air.
 Even though they share the same power source, if one failed, the other
would still cool somewhat. It bothers me to run only one fan. If it quit
and you weren't looking at the guage for a little bit, you could do some
serious damage.
I realize this could happen to me if a fuse blows(got a spare) or the
wire burns in 2, but I can hear and feel(sync vibes) my fans running. I
also try to check the guages frequently, so hopefully I won't have that
issue.
Lots of cars come with electric fans from the factory. New Cherokee's
for one. My 85 VW conv. for another.etc...... Alan S.