Re: Stereo Question

From: Patrick Delgado (dadoctah@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue May 11 1999 - 15:06:09 EDT

Crutchfield sell something called a tri-way adapter. It is a crossover that
ties one subwoofer in with a pair of full range speakers. It sends
sub-bass(100-120hz) to the sub and the rest to the main speakers. This is
different from an ordinary crossover because your amp sees all 3 speakers as a
reduced impedence load. I assume you will only use 2 channels for the rear, so
it will perform as if you had 35X2 for the front and 50X2 for the rear.
I speced out the RS8 and EL8 and except for max power handling(not a problem
with your amp) saw no difference. I got the RS8 because I have a bigger amp.
Dr. Pat