Re: ASP pulleys

From: Aaron (acolona@i-55.com)
Date: Tue May 11 1999 - 23:45:21 EDT

I recently installed the pulleys on my 99 2wd 5.2. GO FROM THE TOP!!!! it's
really not that hard. you need to wedge something up behind the pulley the
fan is hooked to so it won't turn. get a big wrench to fit the nut
in-between the pulley and the fan (some auto parts stores will let you
rent-a-tool) , and I do mean you need a BIG wrench. then just turn to bust
the nut loose. keep unscrewing until the fan falls off. pull the fan off,
undo 4 nuts for the fan shroud, and your done. take the (I think 6) nut's
off the crank pulley, put the new one on and retighten. I recommend leaving
the belt on until after you have the fan off because it helps keep the
pulley from turning while your trying to loosen that nut. putting on fans is
nothing, I also did both at the same time, except I put a single 16" fan.

hope this helps. anything else you want to ask, let me know.
Aaron C.