Re: Climate control switch.

From: Trevor Stott (trevor.stott@sheridanc.on.ca)
Date: Wed May 12 1999 - 11:23:57 EDT

> I discovered a interesting problem today. I have always left my climate selector knob (the center knob) on the upper and lower setting. Just a brief description of the knob so we are all on the same page...The center knob between the hot and cold selector and the fan speed selector. It has the following options... off, A/C max, A/C normal, upper/lower, upper, lower, defroster/lower, defroster.
>
> Now that we have that straight. It is very warm out this morning, so I turned the temp control to cold and the selector was on upper/lower. Well the air coming from the vent was freezing. It should have been cooler outside air. To make a longer story short, this position had my A/C on. So if I'm not mistaken my A/C has been on since I have owned the truck. This could be a reason for the low MPG. Check it out and see if your DAK does this. This is a problem, because the A/C should not be on at that selection.
>
> Sorry so long
>
> Joe DaVolio

In my manual is says something to the effect of "in the upper/lower position
the A/C will come on if it needs to." So I guess if the knob is set to colder
than it can get from outside air the A/C will flip on. I'm sure this'll piss
me off in future but so far it hasn't bothered me too much. ;}

Trevor.