Climate control switch.

From: Roderic Vaughan (rodeaux@CWIX.com)
Date: Wed May 12 1999 - 13:00:02 EDT

Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 10:39:32 -0400
From: Joseph DaVolio <DavolJ@olympus.com>
Subject: DML: Climate control switch.

I discovered a interesting problem today. I have always left my climate =
selector knob (the center knob) on the upper and lower setting. Just a =
brief description of the knob so we are all on the same page...The center =
knob between the hot and cold selector and the fan speed selector. It has =
the following options... off, A/C max, A/C normal, upper/lower, upper, =
lower, defroster/lower, defroster.

Now that we have that straight. It is very warm out this morning, so I =
turned the temp control to cold and the selector was on upper/lower. Well =
the air coming from the vent was freezing. It should have been cooler =
outside air. To make a longer story short, this position had my A/C on. =
So if I'm not mistaken my A/C has been on since I have owned the truck. =
This could be a reason for the low MPG. Check it out and see if your DAK =
does this. This is a problem, because the A/C should not be on at that =
selection.

Sorry so long

You must have gotten one of the wrong dash plates.There is supposed to be a
snowflake at that position and the A/C is supposed to be on. The dealer had
to change out my plate and switch so it would be correct. Seems there was
alot of trucks that had this problem.

Roderic

98 4x4 CC 5.2L