Air Lockers

From: A. S. (adakota4x4@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed May 12 1999 - 15:41:37 EDT

  Got some info I thought I would pass along. I called and got a quote for
an air locker today from a local 4x4 shop (Moab Offroad of Kentucky) I was
actually calling to get info on the difference between a regular locker and
the new "gearless" lockers, but got sidetracked. He told me that a regular
locker was not the way to go if you did a lot of driving on the road--due to
tire wear. Anyway, here's the quotes for an ARB air locker for the 8 1/4"
rear.

Air Locker - $639
Air compressor -(unless already equipped with onboard air source -
approx.$200
Install kit and labor - $300

He said air lockers are easy to mess up, so it's best to have it
professionally installed. So, there are the numbers--take them for what
there worth.
--Aaron--
95 DSRC 4x4 V6

BTW--regular locker from lock right - $438 plus $175 install