Re: Danas in 95 (was: Lockers used with a manual trans)

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Wed May 12 1999 - 22:08:54 EDT

<< Now I'm confussed. I've got a 95, and I thought there was a Dana 44 up
 front. There were some warranty work orders in the glove box when I bought
 the truck. One states that the "LEfT SIDE OF FRONT AXLE LEAKING - REPLACE
 SEAL - MODEL DANA 44-R6,7." Looked at the owners manual and it only has
 info on the 7.25 and 8.25. Were there Danas in these trucks, or did the
 Dodge dealer just mess up the paper work??? >>

Sorry bud, but I HIGHLY doubt a Dana 44 is your front axle. Daks do have 7.25
front axles and 8.25 rears, but they are Chrylser axles. Wowsers, if we had
Dana 44 axles ya think anyone would have a problem finding LSDs, lockers,
etc for our Daks?! Dana 44's are STOUT axles, usually in 1ton rigs. Sorry for
the disappointment :)
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6