Re: DML Digest V4 #669

From: pap20@juno.com
Date: Thu May 13 1999 - 09:01:37 EDT

>It actually doesn't have the fixed headlights as that was one of the
major reasons they didn't produce any '98's, >but it does have two huge
'nostrils' for intakes and a bad ass set of wheels. He says it's like a
completely >different car compared to the Z28 . . . and should be I guess
for the price.

It doesn't have the fixed headlamps? Knew they were the reason for no
'98s being produced, but thought they got it gov't approved for '99.
Hmm.... Yeah, I'm sure it's a different car than a stock Z28. But
add some better shocks (Bilstein), lower control arms and strut tower
brace (Hotchkis) and some bigger wheels and the Z (or any F-body) should
handle just as well (think MTI did that and got a .95g out of a Z). Then
you can make it breathe better (heads, filter, air lid, cam) and exhale
better (exhaust) and you got an even faster Z for about $5-$6K if you do
the work yourself. Still, it's not a limited car like the Firehawk and
won't be as collectible.

Paul

'99 R/T CC DA (I know, I lied, more F-body content).
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]