Re: Re: 180 thermo (hurts mileage)

From: SuperNagz@aol.com
Date: Thu May 13 1999 - 17:17:18 EDT

Well then maybe there were some other variables involved that somehow managed
to get you greater mileage.

All I am saying that it is a thermodynamic principle that clearly states the
lower the temperature, the lower the efficiency of the cycle... and of
course, the opposite holds true... the higher the temps, the better the
efficiency.

Keep in mind, I am talking about the operating temperatures... and not the
incoming air temperatures... we all know the cooler the incoming air, the
more dense it is... the more dense it is.. the more oxygen it contains...

This is not a flame in any way... all I am simply stating is that, "all
things held constant... going from a 200 to a 180 degree t-stat will yield
lower mpg"