Re: Re: R/T Towing Capacity New Post

From: Rekker21@aol.com
Date: Thu May 13 1999 - 18:07:16 EDT

In a message dated 5/13/99 11:54:15 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
GSWillhite@ualr.edu writes:

<< Hey Eric, I thought the R/T was only lowered 1" . I am amazed that
 pinion angle would be so critical at such a small drop. Needless to
 say I'll be all ears and eyes when he gives ya the info. >>
Yeah, that kind of surprised me as well. It was kinda funny, today I stoped
the VP of Product design and put the question to him. He looked at me a
little weird, then referred me to the guy that I have been talking to about
it! He didnt know exactly what was going on. I went back to the guy that I
have been talking to and he told me that he had put out a few phone calls and
should know more about it by Monday. Thats cool, cause I took tomorrow off.
Check your email on Monday night and I MIGHT know a little more about this.
I did however tell him that I talked to an R/T owner (Jack!!) and explained
to him that (Jack) had contacted a Lawyer that had won an earlier Class
Action Suit against CC. Shockingly, he said, and this is a quote--"Shit, I
don't blame him". So, things are looking a little lighter and info should
start coming in. I asked him why they couldnt just recall them and fix the
problem. You know, like shim the pig to fix the angle problem. He agreed.
We'll see. I'll keep you posted.
Eric