Re: Pulleys Asp

From: Michael Clark (magnumv8@wt.net)
Date: Fri May 14 1999 - 01:53:28 EDT

I'll also add that I did not choose to bypass my alt. at the track. It
seemed that the general consensus was that it was a bad idea. BUT, I did do
some "testing" at the house and I drove a few highway miles with it bypassed
and all I got was a check engine light. No other problems. If you get
bored at the track you might want to bypass it for one round, but I wouldn't
try and do mutiple passes like that. The main reason I didn't bypass it was
because of all the start and stoping the engine while waiting in line. I
felt the multiple cranks might discharge my batery too much before I finally
got to run. I'd really hate to be pushed off the track with all those ferds
watching.... ;-)
---Mike, near Houston.--- http://www.mikesdakota.com
                   '93 V8 4X2
Houston Area DML Meet Page
     http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/9221

> Annnnd yes you can bypass pullies, although the
> powersteering is the only one that you really need to
> go around.. AC freespools unless you have it running,
> and you don't want to bypass the alt. as this seems to
> screw up the computer
>
> I tryed this last trip to the track, good for .1 - .2
>

> ===
> Jon Smith -- Raleigh, NC
> '95 CC SLT 4x4 318 auto (15.908@85.79)
> MP comp, JBA headers, 8.5mm MSD wires, 14x3 FABM & SBBS, dual cat-back
glasspacks, 180 degree thermo, spectre wire dividers